What if my credit history is spotty, but I've mended my ways?
Give prospective landlords documentation of your efforts to redeem your credit to show that you take your financial obligations seriously. Use former landlord and job references to establish that you are a good tenant with reliable income. Volunteer information about your credit problems to interested landlords; if they find out on their own, they most likely won't call you for an explanation. Have copies your rental application as well as 3-4 copies of your paycheck stubs and tenant resume handy to present to landlords.Most of all, be Positive, offer that you have a good job and that you have been at your job a good length of time and that you are a responsible person.
- How long have you been in business?
- What is the Fair Housing Act?
- What do I do if I believe Ive been the victim of illegal discrimination in housing?
- Can I have someone whose credit is better than mine co-sign my lease?
- What should I do if I have bad credit?
- What are credit references?
Did not find what you were looking for?Contact Us
tenant legal rights
member search process
Customer issues and requests
what Apartment Hunters service is about
application, credit check etc