Does the Fair Housing Act prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation?
When sexual orientation is the only basis of discrimination, no. However, these complaints are evaluated on a case-by-case basis to determine whether any other form of discrimination is present (such as sex or disability, for example).
- What is the Fair Housing Act?
- What do I do if I believe Ive been the victim of illegal discrimination in housing?
- How is «discrimination» defined when dealing with rentals?
- What is a «unlawful discrimination»?
- What should I do if I feel that I am being discriminated against on the basis of my ethnicity, gender, sexual preference, or faith?
Did not find what you were looking for?Contact Us
tenant legal rights
member search process
Customer issues and requests
what Apartment Hunters service is about
application, credit check etc