What do I do if I believe Ive been the victim of illegal discrimination in housing?
Individuals who believe that they have been victims of an illegal housing practice may file a complaint with the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) or file their own lawsuit in federal or state court. You must file the complaint with HUD within one year of the incident you believe to be housing discrimination. If you choose to file your own lawsuit in federal or state court, the Act requires that you do so within two years of the incident.
- What is the Fair Housing Act?
- Does the Fair Housing Act prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation?
- How is «discrimination» defined when dealing with rentals?
- What is a «unlawful discrimination»?
- What should I do if I feel that I am being discriminated against on the basis of my ethnicity, gender, sexual preference, or faith?
Did not find what you were looking for?Contact Us
tenant legal rights
member search process
Customer issues and requests
what Apartment Hunters service is about
application, credit check etc