Should I pay a late fee
Your landlord can only charge a late fee if your written rental agreement allows for it. Read your rental agreement to see if late fees are allowed.
Late fees that are 5% or less of your monthly rent are considered reasonable. If the landlord requests a late fee that you feel is too high, ask for a lower fee. If a late fee is 10% or more, contact your local Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA) for assistance.
- Why do you charge for your service?
- How do I begin packing?
- How much are you supposed to tip movers?
- Do I have to pay to advertise my property?
- Is there a fee involved in the application?
- When should I fill out a rental application?
Did not find what you were looking for?Contact Us
tenant legal rights
member search process
Customer issues and requests
what Apartment Hunters service is about
application, credit check etc